Friday, March 20, 2009

Fleetwood Mac last night at Madison Square Garden






So I got a chance to check off one more item I didnt know I had on my list of things to do. I got a chance to see Fleetwood Mac in concert at Madison Square Garden. It was a packed house of 20 somethings, 30 somethings, 40 somethings, 50 somethings and beyond. I grew up listening to their music so it was a lot of fun to sing and dance in the stands to what I knew. You know how you get sometimes when you know most of the lyrics and you’re singing but lyrics come up that you don’t quite remember and there’s a pause... til you can pick back up and sing rest. You know what I’m talking about. It was a fun and nostalgic night going through all the songs and feeling like a kid again. My favorite moments were jammin to “Stand Back” and “Go your own way”.

As fun as it was they definitely showed signs of a band that’s been through a lot and at certain points I felt that their sound and energy was'nt grand enough for the Garden. Besides that we were still dancin and screamin in the stands. Lindsey Buckingham's guitar solo sounded great. I think that was the point that made it a rock concert for me. Funny thing at the end was when Stevie was introduced as “our first lady Stephanie Nicks” which I thought was a odd sign of an aging band.




I had to include this shot because it was such a nice surprise. Our section was filled with out of town randoms from parts unknown sporting leather coats with tassles, acid wash denim and cowboy hats. Added to the patchouli that was in the air and I wasn't expecting fashion week in the house. This was the fashion highlight. A gorgeous woman with a severe look in all black. Hot.

At your service,

The Boulevardist

No comments: